Health and Wellbeing
Individual Counseling at Presentation College is available to all students. Sometimes life’s challenges interfere with the ability to learn. The campus counselor will provide a safe, comfortable environment in which to discuss things.
Appointments can be made by email, calling 605-229-8524, or by stopping by the Campus Counselor Office 234
All contacts with the Campus Counselor are confidential. We will not release any information about you without your written permission. This includes parents and other family members, faculty or other college persons or anyone outside the college. Also, your contacts with the campus counselor do not become part of your college record.
Limits to confidentiality
- Information about child abuse or neglect must be reported to the proper authorities
- If a student is dangerous to him/herself or others, steps must be taken to protect the student or those who are in danger;
- And, if you are involved in court proceedings, your records can be subpoenaed
Northeastern Mental Health 24 Hour Crisis Line
Avera St. Luke’s Emergency Room
Safe Harbor (Domestic violence and sexual assault)
National Suicide Hotline
Crisis Hotlines - Fairmont Campus
South Central Crisis Center
24 hour Crisis Line/Warm Line and Mobile Crisis Team
1 (877) 399-3040
Committee Against Domestic Abuse – (CADA)
1 (800) 477-0466
Food Shelf Fairmont
Presentation College makes available to its students in Aberdeen and Fairmont certain health and medical care at a free or reduced cost.
Avera (Aberdeen area)
- You are able to go to the Avera Quick Clinic in Kesslers, Avera Aberdeen Family Physicians, or Urgent Care (located in the State St. Medical Square) for $0 copay. You will need to bring the following items along:
- PC Student ID
- Driver’s License (or another photo ID)
- Insurance Card
- ***Each location only treats certain symptoms- Check online or call ahead.
- Avera Quick Clinic in Kesslers- 615 6th Ave SE Aberdeen, SD 57401 - https://www.avera.org/locations/profile/?id=564
- Avera Urgent Care- State St. Medical Square 105 S. State St. Aberdeen, SD 57401- https://www.avera.org/locations/profile/?id=573
- Avera Aberdeen Family Physicians- 105 S. State St. Suite 113 Aberdeen, SD 57401 - https://www.avera.org/locations/profile/?id=74&searchId=11a02b2b-9894-e711-b2ad-2c768a4e1b84&sort=13&page=1&pageSize=10
AveraNow. (Aberdeen, Fairmont)
- This is an app that you can install on your phone, tablet, laptop, or any mobile device and see a doctor through your camera. This visit is a set fee of $49.00 and you can also use your insurance at this time.
- ** Again, please be aware that there are specific symptoms that these providers can treat, so if it is something more severe or chronic, they will refer you to another provider (you will not be charged for this visit if you are not treated).
- Below is a short video on this AveraNow program, along with the website if you have more questions.
- If you have Sanford Insurance, you are able to go to the Sanford Aberdeen Clinic and use your personal insurance.
- Sanford Aberdeen Clinic- 3015 3rd Ave SE Aberdeen, SD 57401 - http://www.sanfordhealth.org/community/sanford-aberdeen
Horizon Health Care (Aberdeen)
- Horizon works with students on a sliding scale for fees. It can be as low as $0-$20 for a copay.
- Horizon can also work with students needing immunizations, blood draws, or who are looking for insurance.
- Horizon Health Care 506 S. Wilson St. Aberdeen, SD 57401
- Students needing testing for sexually transmitted disease or HIV may contact Brown County Community Health at 605-626-2373. The office is located at 402 S. Main, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Students needing testing for sexually transmitted disease or HIV may contact Martin County Community Health at 507 238-4757. The office is located at 115 West 1st Street Fairmont, Minnesota.
You are required to have had two (2) MMR (measles, mumps, & rubella) immunizations in order to be a student at Presentation College. This is mandated by South Dakota state law. There are various exceptions to this requirement, please contact the Admissions Office for more information. You can submit immunization records to the Admissions Office via email or fax.
If you have any questions, you may contact the following:
Office: (605) 229-8492
If you wish to request your immunization records back from the college, please contact Admissions.