Discover Nursing (BSN)
Presentation College’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is a four-year program that combines liberal arts and a science foundation with an extensive range of nursing courses. After earning the B.S., students are eligible to take the national examination for licensure as a registered nurse (NCLEX). The BSN degree can be achieved online or on the PC campus.
“Having smaller class sizes is beneficial for a Nursing school learning experience. That one-on-one with your professor will really help with your more difficult classes.”
- Audra Antonsen
Power Your Future With a BSN
Challenge yourself, lead others and provide the best care possible. A four-year Bachelor of Science in nursing (BSN) program isn't the only path to becoming a nurse. But if you want to stand out in a competitive and fast-growing field, earning a BSN is one of the smartest strategies.
Our on-campus and online BSN program in South Dakota provides a streamlined, supportive way for nursing students to prepare for their future careers. Gain the skills and knowledge you'll need to succeed, and experience the advantages of a BSN firsthand.
Your rich and well-rounded education will train you to collaborate, reason and adapt. After completing your program and entering the workforce, you'll discover that your BSN impacts your future in many tangible ways.
- Provide better care: Through your degree, you'll gain much more than technical nursing skills. You'll learn how to communicate and think critically as you care for your patients. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, BSN holders have a higher proficiency at diagnosing and nursing interventions, as well as lower patient mortality rates.
- Step into a leadership role: Many high-level nursing positions require a BSN. If you plan to move upward in your nursing career, our BSN program in SD can provide an excellent starting point for future success.
- Earn a higher salary: With a BSN, you'll have a competitive edge when it comes to your future salary. Many nurses who have completed a four-year bachelor's degree are equipped to receive a higher salary and strong level of job security.
- Follow your dreams: BSN holders train to pursue a versatile range of career paths. You'll gain the experience needed to practice nursing in many different health care settings and follow the path you desire.
Why Earn Your BSN at Presentation College?
Are you scouting around for RN schools in SD? Our esteemed BSN nursing program in SD offers options for both digital learners and on-campus students. Complete your four-year degree at Presentation College and make the most of our diverse educational program. Experience advantages such as:
- No waitlist: Join our BSN program when and where it works best for you.
- Fully accredited: Know that you're getting the best education possible with our fully accredited nursing program.
- Strong health care program: We're known for our specialized focus on the health care field. Develop a firm foundation taught by highly experienced professors in a small classroom. Get to know faculty and peers with an individualized learning environment built around each student's unique needs.
- Goal-oriented culture: At PC, we care deeply about your dreams for the future. Our supportive community and expert faculty will help ensure your clinical and classroom experiences align with your professional goals.
Take the First Step Toward Your BSN Today
Are you ready to be challenged and discover nursing in a whole new way? Our four-year program will equip you with the knowledge and training needed for your National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). Apply today to join our nursing program, or reach out to our admissions team with any questions.
The nursing program delivers a broad base of knowledge—which includes the study of behavioral sciences and humanities—to reflect the variety of roles served by nurses in the 21st century. Students are partnered with a faculty coach in the second year, and we use very few adjunct faculty when compared to most other nursing programs.
As a student in the nursing program, you’ll benefit from our strong reputation and the valuable connections and relationships we’ve built with the region’s top hospitals and health care organizations, including Avera Health, Sanford Health, & the Mayo Clinic. This significantly eases the burden of finding top clinical placement sites, which for most other schools is a highly competitive process.
To be eligible for the BSN program on campus students must meet general admissions requirements with no residential requirements.
To be eligible for the BSN online/hybrid program students must be residents of:
- South Dakota
Students in the Nursing Program begin their clinical training early, in just the second year. And with facilities like our cadaver lab—and state-of-the-art Avera Simulation Center—you’ll gain outstanding hands-on learning opportunities.