120- Hour TEFL Certification
6 Months | 120 Course Hours | $695.00
Globally, there’s always a need for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) instructors. This 100% course will train you to become a TEFL instructor. Upon successful course completion, you will receive a 220-Hour Advanced TEFL Certificate.
Job Outlook for TEFL Instructors
- According to Ziprecruiter.com, the average salary for TEFL instructors is approximately $40,000 per year.
- Salary can increase depending on which country a TEFL instructor works in; for instance, TEFL jobs in the United Arab Emirates can pay upwards of $5,500 per month or $66,000 annually.
- How to prepare and deliver a dynamic and interesting lesson plan
- Classroom management strategies
- Language skills and how to teach them
- How to find and design teaching resources
- Specialize in niche areas of English language teaching like Business English
- Earn a certificate which allows you to teach English all over the world
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
- GRAMMAR AND LANGUAGE AWARENESS
Nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs; present, past, and future tenses
- TEFL METHODOLOGY
Understanding student and teacher roles; teaching structures, strategies and methods; activities in the classroom
- VIDEO OBSERVATION
Functional language; foreign language; dealing with difficult students
- TELEPHONE TEACHING
Introduction to telephone teaching; lesson types and needs analysis; structures and strategies
- TEACHING LARGE CLASSES
Introduction to teaching large classes; classroom organization; activities and discipline
- TEACHING YOUNG LEARNERS
Introduction to teaching young learners; child development and teaching young learners; practical activities to use with young learners
- TEACHING BUSINESS ENGLISH
The theory of business English; preparing and delivering business English lessons; business communication skills
- HOW TO TEACH ENGLISH ONLINE
Using technology to teach; lesson planning
- SET UP AND PROMOTE YOUR ONLINE LESSONS
Building your own website; marketing your online services
TEFL Instructor FAQs
WHAT DOES A TEFL INSTRUCTOR DO?
A teaching English as a foreign language, or TEFL, instructor’s primary purpose is to teach English to non-English speakers in foreign countries. Typical responsibilities include planning, preparing and delivering lessons and helping students improve their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
WHERE DO TEFL INSTRUCTORS WORK?
TEFL instructors typically work with primary school age (K-12) students. However, they may also work with adult learners in a number of settings including private language schools, universities, government-sponsored programs or private tutoring.
DO YOU NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE TO BE A TEFL INSTRUCTOR?
Every TEFL assignment will have specific requirements to that job, with some requiring a college degree, a certification or both. It’s important to understand the specifications of TEFL instructors in the country you plan to work in.