Welcome to Presentation!
International students at Presentation College excel in the classroom while adding to the college's lively global community. At PC, you will benefit from our small class sizes, hands-on approach, and expert faculty. And, as one of the nation's best small college towns, you will live and learn in a safe and secure environment.
1. Submit the application. APPLY NOW!
2. Submit official academic records from all secondary schools as well as official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams taken. Official transcripts from all international secondary and post-secondary institutions must be evaluated by one the below evaluators.
- American Association for Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers AACRAO)
- Education Credential Evaluators (ECE)
- World Education Services (WES)
3. Before your official acceptance for admission. It is your responsibility to complete and pay for the application process. All application materials are property of Presentation College and will not be returned to the applicant, nor shared with another individual, institution, or organization under any circumstances.
4. Submit proof of English proficiency.
- For international students whose native language is not English, you must verify English proficiency by:
- Taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Submit the official TOEFL examination scores to Presentation College (School Code 6582). You must score at least 500 (paper-based), 173 (computer-based) or 65 (internet-based).
5. Providing documentation of English as a Second Language proficiency at a college level curriculum—OFFICIAL transcript required.
- Showing successful coursework in English at a high school or institution of higher education in the U.S.—OFFICIAL transcript required.
6. For students whose native language is English, either the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) examination is required. Acceptable scores are 18 composite for the ACT or 940 (critical reading plus math) for the SAT.
- As proof of financial support, we require the Presentation College Declaration of Finances form be completed in full and mailed with appropriate documentation to PC Admissions.
7. The Presentation College Declaration of Finances Form provides important needed to prepare the i-20 document for your student visa.
ALREADY IN THE U.S.?
Once all the necessary documents outlined above have been received, the applicant will be reviewed for admission to Presentation College. If accepted, PC will issue a letter of acceptance. To receive an i-20 from PC, you must now complete the following:
Submit the International Student Transfer Form to have your current visa status verified by your current school.
Once submitted, an i-20 will be issued by Presentation College.
NOTE: Tuition must be paid in full each semester before classes start.
Included in this package is your I-20 form. Please be aware that if any changes are necessary on the I-20, you must return ALL pages of the ORIGINAL I-20 before we will issue you a new one. You must also return all pages of the original I-20 if: 1) You are unable to obtain a visa, and 2) You obtained the visa, but need to request a deferral of your admission to a later semester. All names must match on your legal documents, including the I-20, visa, and passport. You will not be allowed to enter the US more than 30 days prior to the starting date on the I-20 form.
Tuition and fees may increase each year, so the amount indicated on the I-20 form may change without notification and the amount will increase each year. The estimate for tuition and fees on this I-20 is based on the 2016-2017 academic year.
Please note that as of September 1, 2004, you are required to pay a fee for the SEVIS program before you apply for a visa. As of October 27, 2008, that fee is $200. This fee is payable to the US government, NOT our college.
Instructions are available at Department of Homeland Security.
Immunizations and Health Insurance
IMMUNIZATIONS ARE MANDATORY! You are REQUIRED to have two (2) MMR (measles, mumps, & rubella) immunizations in order to be a student at Presentation College. This is mandated by South Dakota state law. There are no exceptions to this requirement. If you are not in compliance, you may be required to withdraw from the College. Two rubella or two rubeola immunizations are not a substitute for the MMR.
The charge for EACH immunization will be approximately $60-70. The requirement that you have two shots means that you will pay $120-140 for your immunizations. These immunizations must have at least 30 days between the first and second injections. For example, if you have the first injection on August 1, you must wait until AFTER August 31 to have the second injection. Please keep this in mind as you prepare to travel to the USA. International students may also be required to take a TB skin test when they arrive.
If you have any questions, you may contact the following: