Math & Science
- Success in Mathematics – St. Louis Univ
- Khan Academy – Excellent Tutorial Videos in Math and Science
- Virtual Math Lab – West Texas A&M
- S.O.S. Math
- GetBodySmart.com – Online Textbook Human Anatomy & Physiology
Writing a Research Paper
- PC Library Student Resources
- APA -Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- MLA – Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- APAStyle.org – The Basics of APA
Students are responsible for making an appointment in the Career and Learning Center by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 229-8581s. Proctoring hours are available 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. Students must report to the CLC at the time scheduled to take their test.
The instructor will provide the test information to the CLC, including the dates the test is available, length of the test, and if any materials are allowed. The CLC will not proctor a test outside the test availability time unless permission is granted from the instructor.
The CLC will administer make-up tests and proctored exams for students who are unable to take a scheduled classroom test for one of the following reasons:
- A personal, family, work, or medical emergency
- Missing a test due to a college sponsored academic or athletic event
- A documented disability identified by the Disability Services Coordinator
Only Presentation College faculty members can authorize a make-up test. Students must speak with their instructor before scheduling an exam in the CLC. The instructor will provide the test information to the CLC, including the dates the test is available, length of the test, and if any materials are allowed.
Proctoring for Non-PC Students
The CLC will proctor tests for a limited number of non-PC students for a charge of $20 per test.
An individual requesting ADA accommodations must have the ADA Coordinator of the institution forward accommodation recommendations to the CLC in advance of the test.
Technology Competency Test
Click to download documents:
CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
CLEP is a series of individual tests for various college-level courses. Each test provides an opportunity to gain college credit for knowledge acquired through independent study. CLEP testing is open to the general public.
For CLEP exam guides and more information on CLEP tests, visit the College Board website.
New Incoming PC Students
Students who have not taken the ACT for admission to Presentation College may take the ACT Residual Test on campus for a fee. Please note, residual ACT Score Reports cannot be transferred to another school or used for athletic eligibility or scholarship purposes.
All incoming PC students are placed in the appropriate level of math and/or English courses by ACT or SAT scores. If a student wishes to challenge the ACT/SAT placement he or she may take the COMPASS placement test. Presentation College offers the COMPASS test, one time, at no charge to incoming PC students.
Students requesting to take the COMPASS test for another college may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Career and Learning Center.
- Non-PC Student Placement Test Fee (Compass) -$20
- Non-PC Student Proctoring Fee- $20
- CLEP Test Fee $80 (Additional $20 to non PC students)
- Residual ACT Fee- $36.50
- Compass Placement Test (for repeat exams)- $10
The CLC is pleased to offer a variety of tutoring options for PC students! Stop in to speak with the friendly CLC staff to determine what type of tutoring will be most beneficial for your academic needs.
- Group tutoring/Test preparation in many core subjects
- Individual tutoring
- Writing and proof reading assistance
- -Drop-in tutoring (Tutors are available the majority of the hours the CLC is open)
- Help navigating NetTutor
NOTE: All tutoring must be organized through the CLC. The CLC staff will assist you in connecting with a tutor during times that work best in your schedule. In order to guarantee effective tutoring, you need to contact the CLC at least 48 hours in advance of needing assistance.
Looking for help after hours or prefer to work with a computer tutoring program? NetTutor provides 24 hour online tutoring help to PC students, accessible through your Moodle Courses section. Please see CLC staff for assistance if you desire help getting started