Please use this space to list all post-secondary education.
If you have attended or have been admitted to another program of nursing, please list program.
Please use this space to list all membership organizations.
Please specify offices held, committee work, projects, etc.
Examples may include, but are not limited to; community projects, student-exchange programs, mission trips, volunteering, etc.
Essays: Please provide 300-400 word responses to the following questions. Your essay responses must be typed and double-spaced, and each essay must be on a separate piece of paper.
1. You will be a student in a very competitive program. Describe why you believe you will be a successful student in this nursing program, including specific strengths and weaknesses you possess.
2. Discuss one health care issue and what led to your knowledge and interest in this area.
3. Describe some of your experiences that you believe will contribute to your success within the nursing profession, including life experiences, work experiences and community involvement.
Your essay responses should exemplify your best writing ability. Criteria used for rating the essays will include the following:
• Clear expression of thought
• Grammar/sentence structure, spelling, and professional overall appearance
• Thorough discussion of essay topics
I affirm that all information supplied on this application is correct. I have reviewed the admission requirements listed and affirm that I am qualified to apply. I understand that my admission will not be complete until I have submitted all necessary credentials. I further understand that withholding requested information or giving false information may make me ineligible for admission or enrollment.
Presentation College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, or religion, in admission, educational programs or activities, and employment, all as required by applicable laws and regulations. Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries, including those concerning Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, has been delegated to the Director of Human Resources, 605-229-8504, and the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) to the Office of Disability Services, 605-229-8580, Presentation College, 1500 North Main Street, Aberdeen, SD 57401.
Presentation College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer