Nursing Honor Society
The Presentation College Nursing Honor Society is a regional honor society, which became a chartered chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, the international nursing honor society on April 20, 2002. The chapter name is Rho Xi. The Honor Society promotes and recognizes academic excellence, leadership abilities and scholarliness in nursing.
Membership is comprised of leaders in nursing education, practice and research, and upper level baccalaureate students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential. The Rho Xi Induction Ceremony & Salad Symposium takes place at the end of October each year. Its purpose is to welcome and honor new members of the society.
Eligible students, invited for membership, shall have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and rank within the upper 35 percent of fourth-level students or the upper 20 percent of third-level nursing students.
- President (Beginning second year of term): Deb Heine (2014-2018)
- President-Elect (Two-year term): Open
- Treasurer: Rhonda Hoven (2016-2018)
- Secretary: Carrie Clausen-Hansen (2016-2018)
- Leadership Succession Committee Member: Jeanette Hahler (2015-2017), Lyncee Monson (2016-2018)
- Governance Committee Member: Sandra K. Sexton-Welling (2016-2018)
- Margie Washnok (Chair)
- Marlys Volzke
- Carrie Clausen Hansen