DISCOVER GRADUATE LEVEL NURSING
The Presentation College MSN program delivers a systematic teaching process, diligent qualification of students, interdisciplinary residencies in our new, state-of-the-art Avera Simulation Center, and engaging, interactive classroom activities that transcend rote learning.
Betty Leslie, PhD, RN
1500 N. Main St. l Aberdeen, SD 57401
W & C: (814)598-1167
Tonya Struble DNP, CNP, RN
1500 N. Main St. | Aberdeen, SD 57401
W: (605) 229-8538
- Completed graduate application ($35 fee)
- Confirmed baccalaureate degree from an accredited nursing school
- An unencumbered RN license (South Dakota RN license may be required for FNP students depending on clinical placement and your state of residence. Please contact us for more information.)
- Official transcripts
- 2 professional letters of reference (one from supervisor/manager, one from professional such as nursing educator, physician/nurse practitioner)
- Statement of purpose (Discuss your intellectual interests, relevant clinical experience, and reasons for pursuing an MSN degree at Presentation College).
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Applicants not meeting this criteria may be considered for acceptance to a graduate program if the following standards are met:
- Students who apply to a graduate program who graduated from an undergraduate program with a minimum of 2.75 GPA or higher; and
- Their most recent two semesters (or three quarters) of undergraduate coursework earned a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- These students are highly encouraged to take the Graduate Readiness Exams (GRE) to show the admissions committee their readiness for graduate work.
- Current immunizations
- Baccalaureate level statistics course within the previous 5 years
- Applicants not meeting this criteria will be required to take a 3 credit statistics course online at Presentation College during their first semester of enrollment.
- Initial interview
- International Students only: completion of the Test of English as a Second Language (TOEFL)
Students will have the opportunity to participate in realistic clinical simulations in Presentation College’s new Avera Simulation Center. Students will experience transformational learning while using high-fidelity manikins that mimic human responses in a realistic health care setting. The simulation center comprises five rooms built to replicate hospital rooms: a critical care/emergency room, an obstetric delivery room, a pediatric room, a surgical suite, and a medical/surgical patient room.
With a rural focus, students acquire the skills needed to work with diverse populations, advocate for social justice, promote patient health and integrate technology and research into managing both acute and chronic health problems.
The MSN-FNP online program (6 Semesters) is based on national evidence based criteria. The Family Nurse Practitioner MSN program prepares nurses to assume the role of a primary care provider to families and individuals across the lifespan.
The graduate degree curriculum provides students with a family-oriented approach that emphasizes health promotion and health maintenance.
The MSN-NE online program (4 Semesters) is based on national evidence based criteria. The Nurse Educator MSN program prepares nurses for educator positions in diverse academic and health care settings.
The graduate degree curriculum prepares students to design, implement, evaluate and revise education programs for nurses and deliver curricula in classroom, clinical, and simulation labs. Practicum experiences will provide students the opportunity to apply learning in real-world settings. Nurse educators help shape the future of healthcare by educating, mentoring, and preparing nurses to make an even greater impact patients’ lives. Graduates of the MSN-NE program will complete the program with the tools needed to sit for the National League for Nursing’s Certification for Nurse Educators (CNE) exam.
As a college in rural northeast South Dakota, PC is uniquely equipped to provide advanced education to nurses who have a passion for social justice and rural health. The MSN program offers students the opportunity to engage in a higher learning environment that integrates high-touch, high-tech methodologies that are consistent with online academics trends.
- Earn a MS degree in Nursing from a renowned educational institution without having to relocate.
- Participate in clinical experiences at sites arranged in partnership with Presentation College faculty.
- Communicate with other students and receive close, personal attention from faculty and advisors.
- Access all of your coursework online from anywhere, anytime.