Sophomore & PC Virtual Nursing Students:
The physical examination can be completed by your primary care provider. You should download and print the Immunization/Physical Form (pdf).
CPR Certification (good for 2 years)
The nursing department requires the BLS Healthcare Provider CPR Certification. CPR Certification is offered periodically through:
- Avera St. Luke’s in Aberdeen (605-622-5588)
Immunizations can be recorded during your physical evaluation. Please download and print the Immunization/Physical Form (pdf).
Immunization documentation can also be sent to the Nursing Office by fax or mail:
Fax: 605-229-8489 (comes directly to the nursing office)
Attn: Nursing Department
1500 N Main Street
Aberdeen, SD 57401
- TB (2-step) Incoming sophomores are required to have a 2-step TB test, which consists of:
- Injection with a reading done 48 to 72 hours after the injection
- A second test done 1 to 3 weeks after the first test & a regular 1-step TB test must be done yearly following the 2-step TB test, or the 2-step test will need to be repeated.
If you have had a positive skin test, a TB Assessment Form (pdf) will need to be completed. This can be done by your normal healthcare provider, or you can arrange to complete the form with the Department Chair by calling 605-229-8472 to set up an appointment. Please contact the nursing office at (605) 229-8472 if you need any clarification regarding TB testing requirements.
- Tetanus (within 10 years)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (2 doses)
- Hepatitis B (series of 3)
Junior & Senior Nursing Students
- CPR Certification (within 2 years) (See details above)
- TB test (within the last year) (See details above)
Please do not hesitate to contact the Nursing Office at 605-229-8472 if you have any questions or need clarification regarding the health requirements.
Each nursing student is required to complete a background screening process annually.
Background checks are completed at the View Point Screening website. You can download the instructions here. The cost is incurred by the students and is $34.00.
Please contact the Nursing office at 605-229-8472 if you have any questions regarding the background screening process.
Students who reside in Minnesota are also required to complete a Minnesota State Background Screen. This is paid for by the College. Susan Barnes at the Fairmont Campus conducts these. You can reach Susan at (507) 235-4658 or Susan.Barnes@presentation.edu