Presentation College’s long history began in Mitchell, South Dakota, in 1922 when Monsignor J.M. Brady established the parochial Notre Dame Junior College. The college continued to operate in Mitchell until 1951 when Monsignor Brady asked the Presentation Sisters, who had staffed the college since its inception, to formally sponsor the school. The sisters agreed and the school’s name was changed to Presentation Junior College and was relocated to Aberdeen, South Dakota, where it was housed in the Presentation Convent. In 1954, the college moved to its present home on a 100-acre campus in northern Aberdeen. In 1965, the college was incorporated as Presentation College.