Direct Links
Presentation College

← Back to News Articles

Lighting The Way | Easter Break

“Lighting The Way” shares the mission of the College and the mission of the Presentation Sisters.  If you find it of interest,  please email Sister Marilyn Dunn (srmarilyn.dunn@presentation.edu) to receive the newsletter.    

LTW

April 15

I will try to make this short, as I know you are anxious to finish up those last- minute things before you head home for Easter.  Let me take this opportunity to wish God’s blessings on you and all your family.  They have probably been sacrificing much so that you can spend this year at Presentation. 

Then, it will not be too much longer and some of you will be making plans for graduation.  That is always both a happy and sad time.  Happy, for our graduates that those many hours of study these past few years are finally paying off!  Sad, for those of us staying on at Presentation because it may be a long while before we see them again.  We will miss them all! 

My many years of experience in education has told me that the students I had one year are being called to move on to another experience.  Sometimes I am privileged to meet up with those same students years later.  I can’t count the number of times someone would come up to me and say, “Sister, do you remember me?  You had me in __ grade.”  It is always an exciting experience to see how they have grown and changed in those years.  I always hope that maybe I might have had some small part of effecting that change.  But I have to be honest, that whatever good I might have done was probably inspired by the Holy Spirit.  I just have trust that someday, I will get to see them again when we meet in heaven.  Just imagine the joy that we will all experience when we all meet together again in that heavenly reunion. 

I encourage you to take some time during this Holy Week to make it a time of drawing you closer to God.  

God bless you all.

Sister Marilyn Dunn (srmarilyn.dunn@presentation.edu)

Assistant in Student Services and Mission  

sisters

← Back to News Articles