Direct Links
Presentation College

← Back to News Articles

Lighting The Way | Reflection

“Lighting The Way” shares the mission of the College and the mission of the Presentation Sisters.  If you find it of interest,  please email Sister Marilyn Dunn (srmarilyn.dunn@presentation.edu) to receive the newsletter.   

LTWI’m amazed at how quickly this Lenten Season has been going.  It seems like only yesterday that ashes were placed on our foreheads to remind us how frail we are; that without God’s help we would tend down the road of ‘least resistance’.  Some of us find ourselves going down that road more than we want, but thanks be to God we can find help from the Church and from one another to try harder.  I find that here at Presentation College, there are so many willing to help.  To all of you, who have reached out with your smile, kind word, or kind deed, I want to say ‘thank you’.  I guess that is one of the blessings of Presentation; there are so many people watching out for the needs of others, that it seems I should make each day a “day of thanksgiving”.  You may be wondering if I am off base!  It’s almost Easter and here I am talking like it’s Thanksgiving.  You might be right, but I believe Easter is even a greater reason to give “thanks”.  God has given us forty days to prepare for this great feast.  Take some time to reflect on what God has done in your life during these past 34 days since the beginning of Lent.  If you are honest with yourself, you’ve found yourself taking the “road of least resistance” at times, but I’m willing to bet that there have also been at least one or two times that you were kind, generous, and helpful to someone else.  No, you might not have done it all on your own, but you cooperated with God who loves you and gave you the grace to do as you did.  Now, you too, can say thank you!   

May the remainder of this Lenten season be a time that leads you closer to God.  Do spend some extra time reflecting on how much God has loved you in sending you a savior, someone who was willing to suffer & die for all of us.  God bless you all!

Sister Marilyn Dunn (srmarilyn.dunn@presentation.edu)

Assistant in Student Services and Mission  sisters

← Back to News Articles